We are an NGO registered as a Nigeria Trust, dedicated to improving public health in Nigeria by making essential health products and services available to the poor and those in need. We are in partnership with the federal and state government of Nigeria, the British Department of International Development and the United State Agency for International Development as well as the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, among other international donors. We seek to recruit the following personnel and invite eligible candidates to apply for the position of a Chief Finance Officer.
The CFO reports to the Managing Director, he will be responsible for building and managing effective and streamlined operations, processes and systems relating to finance, accounting, treasury, procurement, and internal control. The CFO will focus on strengthening his/her team's capacity to develop, implement and manage cost-effective and efficient policies/practices with particular attention to rigorous internal control systems and procedures.
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Financial Management -
- work with program directors to ensure the success of each program through cost analysis support and compliance with all contract and program requirements. This includes:
- Interpreting legislative programmatic rules and regulations to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and contractual guidelines.
- assess and fully develop the financial systems of the organisation to a superior level of service and functionality for all customers served by the finance department.
- develop and maintain systems of internal control to safeguard financial assets of the organisations and oversee financial management for sub-awards and programs.
2. Financial Reporting
- Work with the MD and Executive team to develop financial strategy and ensure the organisation's targets are met or exceeded.
- Assess organisational performance against both the annual budget and long-term strategy.
- Ensure that the Finance & Account Department prepares and sends periodic, timely reports which comply with all local and donor-specific financial guidelines.
- Structure, prepare and present materials for formal board meetings and board committee meetings.
- Provide oversight for the procurement functions to ensure the development and implementation of policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure efficiency and transparency of the procurement system and adoption of best practices in all dealings with vendors and contractors.
4 Advocacy and External Relations
- Develop successful and trusting relationships with donors, partners and other stakeholders, create and sustain an environment that supports these relationships.
- Must possess at least 17 years post qualification experience in financial analysis, reporting preferably in a not-for-profit or private sectors with a minimum of 5 years in senior financial management role.
Must posses first degreee or equivalent in Accounting, Economics or numerate discipline
A relevant second degree (MBA or MSC) is desirable
A professional accounting qualifications such as ACA or other equivalent from a recognized professional body.
Skill & Competencies:
- Experience in interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model
-Working knowledge of current accounting standards and procedures.
-Technological savvy with experience in using an ERP application.
-Experience in communicating key data effectively, including presentation to senior management, the Board and other outside partners.
-Creative with experience in funding activities in a way that covers both costs and generates operating margin.
-High interpersonal skills, a collaborative and flexible style with a strong service mentality.
How to apply
Send your application letter and detailed CV in MS work to You are not allowed to view this email or link.
Click here to Register or Click here to Login
, specifying an email address and date time phone number, quoting the reference number for the positions applied for, both on the application letter and subject of your email.
Closing date for the vacancy is 3 weeks from the date of publications